History of Scholarship Recipients
2016 Adanna Kvernvik and Jeremy Randrup
Petersburg Vessel Owner’s Association
2015 Shalie Dahl and Nels Evens 2014 Grace Weller 2013 Tyler Wallace 2012 Jacob Loucks 2011 Tony Craig 2010 Kristin Neuneker 2009 Rhonda Jacobsen Wilson 2008 Cody Smith 2007 Lindsey Wickham 2006 Josie Ware 2005 Rachel Kvernvik 2004 Eliana Aldrete 2003 Brad & Bryon Fletcher 2002 Drew Ware 2001 Marie Peterson 2000 Luis Silva 1999 Kyle Roundtree 1998 Justin Peeler 1997 Jake Slaven 1996 Shiree Lucas
The Petersburg Vessel Owner’s Association is pleased to present its scholarship program for graduating seniors of Petersburg High School. One scholarship will be provided in the amount of $2,000. A focus on vocational training or advancement of the fishing industry is preferred. Student selection will be based upon the application packet indicating why the student would like to be considered for this scholarship. This scholarship will be included in the scholarship folder.
The essay should include the following:
- Future educational plans, especially vocational plans.
- Involvement in school and community.
- Work experience (it is expected that students will make a significant contribution to their educational costs).
- Financial need (see attached form).
- Other factors you may wish to mention.
- Current high school transcript (through December) including GPA and class rank.
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or principal, and one letter from a member of the community (three letters total).
- An essay about the importance of the commercial fishing industry to Petersburg.
Promptness, neatness, completeness of application, and quality of written comments will be included in the factors that the selection committee will consider. Interested students should submit their applications to the high school counselor. The name of the selected student will be announced at the Petersburg High School graduation ceremony.
The amount of the scholarship will be paid in two installments. The first installment of $1,000 will be contingent upon completion of the first term of school as a full-time student with passing grades and proof of enrollment in the second term. The second installment of $1,000 will be contingent upon completion of the second term of school as a full-time student with passing grades and proof of enrollment in a third term. It is also expected that the recipients of this scholarship will maintain written communication with the sponsoring organization to keep them aware of the student’s progress and school experience.